Terms & Conditions
Last Updated: June 28, 2020
Information we collect
We collect some information which is not attributable to an identifiable individual. For example, when you visit www.skokico.com (the “website”), our web server automatically recognizes only your computers domain name, but not your email address or any other information that identifies you personally. This renders your visit virtually anonymous, unless you volunteer your personal information in connection with your visit, purchase or sale.
We may also collect anonymous aggregate information (e.g. cookies) on what pages you access or visit. The aggregate information we collect is used for many different purposes in order to serve you better. Among these purposes is to improve the content of the Website and to customize the content and/or layout of the website for each individual visitor. For more details on cookies, see “Cookies” below.
Collection of personal information
When you make a purchase, sign up for our newsletter, enter one of our contests or contact us, we may ask you for the following personal information to complete your request: name, last name, address, email address, credit card information.
Our collection of personal information is limited to that which is reasonable under the circumstances, and we only collect your personal information with your consent.
How we may use your personal information
We use personal information for the purposes stated or implied at the time of collection, including for the following purposes:
- Confirming your identity;
- Responding to your inquiries;
- Meeting the legal and regulatory requirements applicable to us;
- Processing product related complaints;
- Fulfilling orders for products sold on our Website; and
- Marketing our products and services to you, as well as those of our affiliates and third parties.
We may otherwise use your personal information where permissible by law, for example to respond to an emergency, or in the course of an investigation into illegal behavior or fraud.
Where applicable we will seek your express consent to contact you, including by way of commercial electronic messages. This consent is sought by Skoki Inc. and you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org . You can unsubscribe at any time from receiving commercial electronic messages by following the instructions in the message.
Even if you have opted out of receiving marketing communications from us, please be aware that we may still contact you for other purposes. For example, we may contact you to provide communications you have consented to receive regarding the products or services we provide to your, or if you contact us with an inquiry.
Transfers and disclosures of personal information
- Where we store your personal information: your personal information may be stored, processed or otherwise used by us, our affiliates or our service providers, both inside or outside of Canada. As a result, the applicable country’s courts, governments or law enforcement agencies could obtain disclosure of information in accordance with that country’s laws.
Depending on the nature of the personal information, it may be stored in our or in various computer systems we use or that are used by our service suppliers.
- Our service providers: we may disclose personal information to third parties that are acting on our behalf as agents or suppliers and the information will be disclosed to them only in order to assist us in providing services. Whenever we hire other organizations to provide support services, they will be required to conform to our privacy standards. These third parties shall use the personal information only for purposes related to the supply of services to us and they will respect strict contractual conditions that oblige them to maintain the confidentiality of all information.
- Sale of business: We may also disclose personal information to third parties should we sell our business or assets, in whole or in part, or if we are involved in a merger, corporate amalgamation, reorganization, change of control or sale as required by such a transaction.
Security and retention
We take all reasonable steps to protect the security and confidentiality of your personal information. We protect the personal information within our custody or control with appropriate organizational, technological and physical safeguards.
We store personal information in electronic and physical files that are secure and our security measures include secure on- and off-site storage, restricted access to records and data processing equipment, password protocols and encryption and security software. We conduct audits and monitor compliance with our privacy practices.
We only retain personal information for as long as is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected. When we no longer are required to retain the information, we will destroy, erase, or de-identify the information. Legal requirements, however, may require us to retain some or all of the personal information we hold for a period of time that is longer than that for which we might otherwise hold it.
Personal Information of children
We do not knowingly collect or solicit children’s personal information. If a child has already provided us with personal information, his or her parent or guardian may contact us to have this information deleted.
We may use “cookie” technology to obtain non-personal information from visitors to the Website. Cookies are pieces of information stored on a user’s computer by a website so preferences are remembered on future requests. Pixel tags (also known as web bugs, web beacons, clear/invisible/tracker GIFs) are signals sent from certain websites or emails used to pass certain information to our servers to personalize the Website and to track your usage. We do not save personal information on cookies or through use of pixel tags without your permission. Rather, cookies and pixel tags are used to optimize the performance and functionality of the Website, and to personalize the Website for you and present you with content and offers specific to your interests.
Most browsers accept cookies automatically, but can be configured not to accept them or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. We do not extract personal information in this process nor do we provide this information to third parties. Cookies allow us to customize your user interface to speed up the navigation process and to make the Website experience more efficient. If your browser is configured to reject cookies, you will not be able to use the features of the Website. When you log in, a cookie can tell us whether you’ve visited us before or are a new visitor. We do use the cookie to help us identify Website features in which you have the greatest interest, so that we can provide you with more of what you want.
Third Party Links
Access, correction and accountability
We will strive to keep all personal information in our files complete, up-to-date and accurate.
You or a person authorized on your behalf has the right to request to see and obtain a copy of your personal information and to request the changes or corrections to inaccurate or incomplete information. Please note that may charge a minimal fee for processing such requests.
If you have any questions or concerns with respect to your personal information or our information practices, you may contact our Privacy Officer at: email@example.com